Beliefs  Pastor's Page  Calendar  Swaddling Clothes  Children's Page  Support  History  Links  Home Page
History of Grace Lutheran Church
1957
Original canvas of the Dyer area conducted under the direction of the Calumet Lutheran Mission Association.

1960
Congregation organized with 55 communicant members. Grace Lutheran Church received into the Lutheran ChurchMissouri Synod (LCMS).

1960-1961
Rev. D.R. Koenig
Pastor of Redeemer Lutheran in Highland
Vacancy Pastor

Rev. R. Wilkening
Pastor of Faith Lutheran in Black Oak
conducted services.

1961
Congregation incorporated, 15-acre site on Sheffield Avenue purchased. Plans made to vacate rented parsonage on Lakewood Drive and build a parsonage.

1961-1968
Rev. Erwin A. Brese

1962
Ground-breaking for the new Grace Lutheran Church.

1963
Cornerstone laid. Church dedicated.

 

1969-1971
Rev. R.J. Suckow

1972-1985
Rev. Milton W. Beer

1974
Pews and carpet installed, church painted and refurbished.

1981
Fellowship hall, nursery, and church office built, kitchen enlarged.

1986-1996
Rev. David S. Mack

1996-1997
Rev. Rogers K. Hake
Vacancy Pastor

1997-1999
Rev. Michael Schuessler

1999
Rev. R. Dean Mues
Interim Pastor

1999-2007
Rev. John C. Kolb

2008-2009
Rev. Mark E. Pflughoeft
Interim Pastor

2010-2017
Rev. Christopher R. Gillespie

July 2018-present
Rev. Dale Hetherington
CLICK HERE FOR PASTOR'S PAGE

Our gracious Lord has bestowed many blessings upon Grace Lutheran Church during the past 60+ years. May the Lord continue to accompany his people as they praise the Lord from generation to generation!


2019-2020 Grace Lutheran Church - Dyer, Indiana, USA
All rights reserved.
Contact the webmaster